Additionally, we may curtail, restrict, or refuse to provide you with any future access, visitation, and/or use of any Urban Québec service. We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to take any technical, legal, and/or other action(s) we deem necessary and/or appropriate, with or without notice, to prevent violations and enforce the Agreement and remediate any purported violations. Any such action resulting in remediation costs may be charged directly to you if found in violation through any method. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right hereunder to an injunction without posting a bond to stop or prevent a breach or violation of your obligations under the Agreement.
This Agreement governs all content whether written or other offerings to include photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, creative, copy, artwork, video, audio, music, podcasts, ringtones, games, and other brand identifiers, designs, plans, software, source and object code, algorithms, formulas, indexes, registries, repositories, and all other information, and materials (collectively, "Content") available on or through Urban Québec, whether posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available by us, our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers, or by you, and/or other users or third parties, including any such Content uploaded manually or bookmarked by you and/or other users.
1. The Type of Information Urban Québec Collects:
B. Urban Québec generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent.
C. Our servers or other technology used for statistical data may also automatically collect information about you, your online behavior and your computer, mobile or other device. The information collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your computer, mobile or other device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data.
D. If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with Urban Québec, we may receive personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for Urban Québec or enhance or personalize your experience on Urban Québec. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with Urban Québec is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third party social networking services may make available to Urban Québec by visiting those services' privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services. We reserve the right to use, transfer, assign, sell, share, and provide access to all personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that we receive through third-party social networking services in the same ways described in this Agreement as all of your other information.
2. How the Service Uses and Shares Information About You:
A. Urban Québec may and will use personally identifiable information you supply through Urban Québec to provide you with the merchandise, product, service, and/or content you have requested. We may also use the information to communicate with you about new features, products or services, and/or to improve the services that we offer by tailoring them to your specific needs.
B. Unless otherwise specified on Urban Québec, we may sell or share information about you and your computer, mobile or other device, including without limitation your Registration Information and other personally identifiable information, with our subsidiaries, and affiliates and with carefully selected companies who we think may offer services and/or products that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your personally identifiable information shared with third parties, contact our e-Governance Officer as described at the end of this document. If you do not wish to receive future commercial messages from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the message you receive. If you've registered on any part of the Service, please use the mechanism or contact information on the Service that allows you to change or update your member preferences or information, if available, to keep all such data accurate and up-to-date. If no such mechanism or contact information is available on Urban Québec, contact our e-Governance officer as described below with your changes.
C. We may also allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance, market research, community and forums management, and shopping, personal/job search and other classified ads functionality, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. And if you choose to purchase merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation content, on or through features on Urban Québec, we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. There are also times when you provide information about yourself to us in areas of Urban Québec that may be managed or participated in by third parties. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. We may also provide your information to our advertisers, so that they can serve ads to you that meet your needs or match your interests. While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use this information except for the express purpose for which it is provided, we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties.
D. We reserve the right to access, use, and share with others your personally identifiable information for purposes of safety and other matters in the public interest.
E. We may also provide access to our database in order to cooperate with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, including, for example, in response to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process. Any such action will be restricted to local, provincial, or other appropriate geographic jurisdiction as it pertains to the law.
F. In addition, we reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), which may at times be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, analyze trends, track users' movements around Urban Québec. Geographic location information about you and/or your computer, mobile or other device may specifically be used to show your content and sponsored messaging based on geographic location.
G. We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients and customers.
H. In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, any of our subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about Urban Québec users may be among the transferrable assets.
I. We reserve the right to identify you from your Registration Information and/or to merge or co-mingle anonymous or non-personally identifiable data about you, your offline and online behavior, and/or your computer, mobile or other device (including its geographic location), with your Registration Information and/or other personally identifiable data for any lawful business purpose.
J. Additionally, we reserve the right to treat any users via your account, if found to have been granted access or right to access your account or computer accessing Urban Québec, as you. Any such actions conducted by them on your behalf will be treated as having been you or authorized by yourself including malicious or non-malicious activities and intent; and all activities or identifiable information collected by that access or your account/profile.
3. Local Device Storage and other Tracking Technologies; Do Not Track:
A. Urban Québec will at times place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., "cookies") on your computer, mobile or other device ("Local Device Storage"). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to control the display of ads, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to otherwise administer our service(s). Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personally identifiable information, which may be shared with our subsidiaries, and affiliates and other companies.
B. If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other device may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of Urban Québec may not function properly.
C. In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use other similar technologies along with the Local Device Storage, the "Tracking Technologies". We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
D. You may opt out of third party tracking on Urban Québec at any time. However, we do not currently support any browser based Do Not Track (DNT) settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and we do not assign any meaning to any potential DNT track signals.
4. How to Opt-Out of Third Party Tracking Technologies:
5. Transfer of Information:
6. Information Security and Notification:
A. Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using Urban Québec you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use Urban Québec, including without limitation your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
B. Moreover, if you elect to store information, such as your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains your personally identifiable information or other Registration Information, and it’s up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
C. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other device.
E. You understand and agree that joining Urban Québec may include receiving certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile, and that these communications are considered part of your account/profile and you may not be able to opt out of receiving them without ceasing to be a registered user of Urban Québec.
7. Parental Responsibilities and Rights:
A. This Service is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 18. No one under age 18 is allowed to register for/with Urban Québec or provide any personally identifiable information or use our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, personal/job search and other classified ads, and elsewhere. Anyone 18 years of age must get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on Urban Québec.
B. If your children disclose information about themselves in publicly accessible areas of Urban Québec, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so.
C. If you're worried about your children's activities or their privacy on Urban Québec, we encourage you to contact our e-Governance Officer as described below.
8. Disclaimer - Sensitive Information
A. While you may freely discuss topics of interest to you, Urban Québec may include general content relating to a range of topics, including but not limited to medical, health, legal, or financial issues. You should not rely on Urban Québec for individual advice on such issues. We recommend that speak with a qualified professional. You alone will bear the sole responsibility for evaluating the merits and/or risks associated with use of content obtained on or through Urban Québec before making any decisions based on such content.
B. The content available on or through this service is in no way intended to and shall not be construed to: (a) constitute professional medical, health, legal, tax, or financial advice; (b) recommend, endorse, or provide advice regarding any financial instrument or investment strategy; or (c) diagnose, cure, or treat any medical, health or other condition. In addition to all other limitations and disclaimers in this agreement, Urban Québec refuse any liability or loss in connection with the content obtained on or through our service offerings.
9. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
A. Certain features, functionality, and/or content offered on or through the service may be hosted, administered, run or otherwise participated in by third parties including but not limited to classified ads, business directory listings or other ads. These service providers may require that you agree to their additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules. Your compliance with any such additional terms, conditions, contracts, agreements and/or rules is solely your responsibility and will have no effect on your continuing obligation to comply with the agreement when using the service. We and our indemnities specifically disclaim any and all liability in connection with the acts or omissions of such third parties.
B. Urban Québec shall not be liable to you or any third parties for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages allegedly sustained arising out of the agreement, the service, the sale, purchase, receipt, use or misuse of any merchandise, products and/or services, including without limitation content, your ability or inability to access, visit and/or use the service, including damage to your computer, mobile or other device, or for software disabling devices, time bombs, viruses, worms, bugs, or devices or defects of similar nature alleged to have been obtained from the service, your access, visitation, and/or use of, or reliance on, the service or any of the merchandise, products, services and/or content available on or through the service, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
C. You must comply with all local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations in accessing and using the Service, and will immediately notify us if you learn of or suspect a security breach or any illegal activity in connection with the Service.
D. You must comply with all applicable import and export control laws, rules, and regulations of Canada and other countries, and you must not transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content subject to restrictions under such laws, rules, or regulations to a site, application, destination, location, person or entity, or for an end use, prohibited thereby. You will not post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available any content on or through Urban Québec that cannot be exported without prior government authorization or notification, including without limitation certain types of encryption software.
10. Prohibitions on Use of Urban Québec:
A. Absent explicit prior written consent in certain situations, you may not, nor may you allow, enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, inform, or promote that others, directly or indirectly, do any of the following:
- access and/or use anyone else's registration information, or access, visit and/or use Urban Québec by use of anyone else's account/profile and/or registration information;
- use anything originating from Urban Québec or on any of its branded service offerings for the purpose of making any commercial, advertising, promotional, or marketing use of Urban Québec and/or content except as permitted by the Copyright Act or other law or as expressly permitted in writing by the Agreement;
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any content that constitutes junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing, advertising and/or commercial offers, including without limitation touting or recommending any stocks or particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy; (some exceptions exist for business/event subscriptions as it relates only to their individual activity and within those limitations set forth);
- repeatedly post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service the same content multiple times in a day, week, or month;
- post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Service any unsolicited bulk communication;
- use any bots, cheats, macros, scripts, or run Maillist, Listserv or any form of auto-responder, or use any other automated process, or engage in meta-searching or periodic caching of information, to access, visit and/or use Urban Québec, including without limitation to post, upload, transmit, send, or other make available content on or through Urban Québec;
- engage in personal attacks, use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through Urban Québec any content about an individual that is, abusive, intimidating, bullying, harassing, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages an individual, on or through Urban Québec; Urban Québec reserves the right to investigate any/all claims and make an independent determination of such reports
- use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through Urban Québec any content about a group that is, hateful, violent, or that victimizes, degrades, defiles or disparages any group based on race, religion, national origin, disability, natural gender, or age, or otherwise engage in what we deem to be racism, sexism, ageism, religious intolerance, bigotry, or ethnic slurs;
- use any language, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through Urban Québec any content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, or promote activities that incite violence, constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal, provincial, national, international, or foreign law, rule or regulation including without limitation defamation, child pornography, fraud, or invasion of privacy;
- stalk others on or through Urban Québec, or using information obtained on or through Urban Québec, or otherwise contact other users in the physical world without their permission using information obtained on or through Urban Québec;
- use any language that is, or post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that is, or depicts anyone engaged in any act deemed by us to be, pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, perverse, illicit, indecent, lewd, or lascivious;
- engage in “cyber-sex” or "sexting" or solicit another to participate in such activities on or through Urban Québec;
- discuss the mechanics of sweepstakes, contests, auctions, flash sales or similar promotions available on or through the Service, or attempt to manipulate, corrupt or otherwise affect the outcome of, any such promotions, or post, upload, transmit, send, or otherwise make available on or through the Service any Content that may or is intended to enable, authorize, instruct, encourage, assist, suggest, inform, or promote activities that may subvert or not comply with the rules, restrictions, and/or limitations applicable to such promotions;
- access, other than connecting to our servers by http requests using a browser, or disrupt, overwhelm, attack, hack, destroy, damage, disable, impair, repossess, alter, tamper or interfere with, Urban Québec, or impede or interfere with others' access, visitation, and/or use of the Service, in any way or by any means by using administrator passwords or by masquerading as an administrator while using Urban Québec or otherwise; or
- post, upload, transmit, send or otherwise make available on or through Urban Québec any software disabling devices, time bombs, Trojan horses, cancelbots, viruses, worms, bugs, corrupted files, spyware, adware, malware, malicious programs or code, or devices or defects of similar nature.
B. Caution: any attempt to do any of the foregoing prohibited acts, or to otherwise undermine the operation of the service, may be a violation of criminal and civil law. Should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to seek damages (including without limitation attorneys' fees) from any such individual or entity to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11. Comments on the Service are Not Necessarily Endorsed by Us:
We do not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through Urban Québec, including without limitation in our social, community and public discussion areas, photo and video galleries, bulletin boards, forums, chats, blogs, columns, articles, personal/job search and other classified ads, contests/sweepstakes, or elsewhere. Any content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the content and do not necessarily represent Urban Québec’s views or the views of our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers. Urban Québec also specifically make statement to clarify that the position of any content authors are strictly their own and do not represent the opinions or views of Urban Québec in part or in whole unless specifically stated and mentioned. We understand that positions, information, and laws may change over time requiring such positions to become obsolete or incorrect and are not to be held directly responsible for such content as it was distributed at the time that any such laws, positions, or views changed. You agree that we and our licensors, vendors, and/or service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any content posted, uploaded, transmitted, sent or otherwise made available on Urban Québec, including content that violates the Agreement.
E-Governance Officer, Opt-Out Requests and Other Privacy Questions:
If you have any concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy, please feel free to contact our E-Governance Officer:
Quebec City, Quebec G2N1J2
Contact Urban Quebec
Notice: If you don't agree to any terms contained in this policy document, you must immediately exit Urban Québec. Parts of this document was copied and specifically edited for use for the strict purpose of the Urban Québec brand and its service offerings. If anyone has questions related to this policy or the reuse of this document may contact our E-Governance Officer at the address provided above.
- If you have a complaint about Urban Québec or a user on Urban Québec. Contact Urban Quebec
- Avoid Spam & Scam
- Urban Québec list of prohibited items